Natures Way
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Animal oriented forum. Natural diets for your pets. Holistic approach to medicine. Looking at their wild cousins. And general chat of course.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Injured bird please help

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Injured bird please help Empty Injured bird please help Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:18 am

birdgirl

Anonymous

I really need help Crying or Very sad
Around 11pm I went out to call my cats in and one of them had quite a small bird in his mouth. I grabbed the scruff of his neck and yelled at him to let go, and he did.... sounds horrible to the cat but I really did not want the bird to die a painful, slow, torture-like, death! pale
I don't know what type of bird he is. I called SSPCA and they said keep him cool and with water.... I've got him / her in a cat carrier, in a cool room (the guest room) and with a jam jar lid with water. He has a cut on the back of his neck, but it is small. He has one on his left wing which is long and bled for a while... it has now stopped. He drags his back right leg.
Please give me some advice on what to feed him, water, trating the wounds etc!
Thanks!

2Injured bird please help Empty Re: Injured bird please help Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:19 pm

Admin

Admin
Admin
Admin

birdgirl wrote:I really need help Crying or Very sad
Around 11pm I went out to call my cats in and one of them had quite a small bird in his mouth. I grabbed the scruff of his neck and yelled at him to let go, and he did.... sounds horrible to the cat but I really did not want the bird to die a painful, slow, torture-like, death! pale
I don't know what type of bird he is. I called SSPCA and they said keep him cool and with water.... I've got him / her in a cat carrier, in a cool room (the guest room) and with a jam jar lid with water. He has a cut on the back of his neck, but it is small. He has one on his left wing which is long and bled for a while... it has now stopped. He drags his back right leg.
Please give me some advice on what to feed him, water, trating the wounds etc!
Thanks!

Hiya,

I am so so sorry. I didn't know this post was here, as the forum hasn't actually gone live properly yet.

How is the bird now? I hope you found some sound advice by now. If not though, what you want to do is go to a pet shop and buy some EMP .. it's an egg type food that is high in protein designed for birds (it should be in the bird section). This should help keep his strength up and help with healing. Obviously not all birds are designed for the same diet though, so it'd be useful if you could identify what species he is.

I'm so sorry. I hope all is well.

Nim

https://naturesway.forumotion.com

3Injured bird please help Empty Re: Injured bird please help Sat Oct 10, 2009 4:07 am

whiskers_in_the_ear

whiskers_in_the_ear
Tit
Tit

Hi there
How is the littleo ne, did it make it? You can also try some meal worms - birds adore them
Mel

4Injured bird please help Empty Re: Injured bird please help Fri Oct 30, 2009 7:05 pm

Katie

Anonymous

I'm so sorry to hear this, good luck! Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum