Natures Way
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Animal oriented forum. Natural diets for your pets. Holistic approach to medicine. Looking at their wild cousins. And general chat of course.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Should I get them?

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Should I get them? Empty Should I get them? Thu Oct 01, 2009 1:08 am

smile

Anonymous

I was driving home from work around 1 hour ago and saw two baby deer at the side of the road... well I am sure that is what it was. Paw
I continued to drive home, but it has been haunting me since. Should I drive back and see if they are still there? I'm worried they will get hit by a car, they didn't move when I went by... if I get them, I'll feel guilty incase mum is around! help Cameleon

2Should I get them? Empty Re: Should I get them? Thu Oct 01, 2009 1:48 am

LucyTin1

Anonymous

I would take a mobile, some sort of cardboard box with holes and blankets at the bottom, or a large carrier, and drive back. They wouldn't be at the side of the road unless something has happened to their mum - they would be hiding away. You must go tonight or it's unlikely the babies will make it. Once you get there get them into the box/carrier (I'm not sure but that might be hard) and call the RSPCA/local wildlife center which should be able to take them right away and bottlefeed them.
I don't know anything about deer, just have read up some things. I hope that this helps you for now.
Lucy.

3Should I get them? Empty Re: Should I get them? Thu Oct 01, 2009 1:59 pm

Admin

Admin
Admin
Admin

smile wrote:I was driving home from work around 1 hour ago and saw two baby deer at the side of the road... well I am sure that is what it was. Paw
I continued to drive home, but it has been haunting me since. Should I drive back and see if they are still there? I'm worried they will get hit by a car, they didn't move when I went by... if I get them, I'll feel guilty incase mum is around! help Cameleon

Hiya,

How did this go?

To be honest I wouldn't have gone and got them. I would look up my local wildlife people and give them a call to see what they suggested. I would then go back and keep an eye on them ... if I had the emergency triangle (which is generally pathetically small) in my car, I would put it 500 feet before where the deer are so that they didn't get hit.

Bit late for that advice now though. I need lots of members so that emergencies get the urgency they need. Sorry.

Nim

https://naturesway.forumotion.com

4Should I get them? Empty Re: Should I get them? Thu Oct 01, 2009 2:45 pm

smile

Anonymous

It's ok Very Happy
I called a wildlife center then drove out and sat nearby [they couldn't see me frog ] until the rescue came and took them

thankyou bee

5Should I get them? Empty Re: Should I get them? Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:28 pm

Admin

Admin
Admin
Admin

smile wrote:It's ok Very Happy
I called a wildlife center then drove out and sat nearby [they couldn't see me ] until the rescue came and took them

thankyou bee

Excellent. Thank you for letting us know the result Smile

6Should I get them? Empty Re: Should I get them? Sun Oct 04, 2009 4:44 am

smile

Anonymous

It's okay. I called the rescue yesterday, they are both doing great Very Happy

7Should I get them? Empty Re: Should I get them? Sun Oct 04, 2009 10:02 pm

Admin

Admin
Admin
Admin

smile wrote:It's okay. I called the rescue yesterday, they are both doing great Very Happy

Yay. They'll probably do better as there are two of them. Often young deer don't do so well when they're on their own.

8Should I get them? Empty Re: Should I get them? Sat Oct 10, 2009 4:01 am

whiskers_in_the_ear

whiskers_in_the_ear
Tit
Tit

Well done you - Id say you did totally the right thing!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum